Friday, July 31, 2009

39 weeks

Our estimated due date for Ezekiel is in 4 days people!!! We are so excited!!! can you tell? haha

Today was my last day at work. It was a bittersweet day. I am glad that I get to stay home and wait for our son to come. Get the home prepared...although our bags are already packed and ready to go! I prayed that Zeke would hold off until I finish work and he is obeying me:) I think that means he is going to be a good listener..or maybe it just means he is going got be like his mom and late for EVERYTHING!!! haha who knows...I guess we will see in a few days.

I am ready for him to come physically. My body it really hurting and sleep is just not happening. I know this is just part of it and I'm thankful that it has just started being this way the past month.


Chris and I are so excited about becoming parents. It still does not feel real yet. We have had showers and have his room all set up but that's just stuff until he's here.
I keep thinking about the day he is going to come. I wonder what my labor story will be. I know it will be amazing to Chris and I no matter how he enters the world. We get to meet our son!!! I am really excited about birth. My body is going to do something that God created it to do. A human being..that I grew..with the help of Chris;)...is going to come out of me. Craziness I tell ya. I know it is not meant to be pleasurable but Holy cow, All of my hard work will pay off by getting to hold my son for the first time.

The first 24 hours are going to be so special for Chris and I. We are going to be the only ones holding him (plus our midwife who has to check him and make sure he is doing good). What a bonding period in his life and ours as well. Then the fist week of Little Zeke's life only his Grandparents and Great Grandparents(How cool is that he will have great grandparents)and immediate family will be holding him. We want to be able to bond with our son a lot the first week. Crystal Clean has given Chris a whole week off of work once Ezekiel is here which is such a blessing! I want Chris to soak up as much time with him as possible.

I hope soon I get to post that I am in labor or that Ezekiel has arrived:) I hope all of you are doing well and will blog to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment