Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Laughter

I love to laugh.

I love to laugh so hard I have tears running down my face and pee running down my leg.

I love to make other people laugh.

I love when people make me laugh.

Laughter makes you feel joy.

Laughter is contagious.

Laughter can be uplifting.

BUT Laughter can be hurtful.

Like getting laughed at and teased is not so great.
I've been on both ends of this laughter. The person laughing at someone and the person being laughed at.

::CONFESSION::

I love to see people fall. I can not help but laugh. Even myself falling, I laugh. This will always be a trait of mine. I don't think I'll ever overcome this and frankly, I don't want too! It's funny.
This can start off as a joyful laughter and turn into a hurtful laughter faster then me chasing a 20.00 dollar bill blowing down the road.

BUT

Today, I'm not talking about the hurtful laughter. I'm talking about the joyful laughter. The laughter that makes you so happy, you could bust at the seams!

When you are laughing, it makes it easier to get through days when you want to do anything but laugh. Sometimes, for me, more often then not, it's really hard to laugh when you:


  • Wake up, later then normal, to take your kid to school. Making you feel rushed and tired and not in the mood to laugh. Can't you wear your PJ's to school? Do you have to eat breakfast?  Your Hair! Why does it look like you wrestled a bear in your sleep? Can we start a new trend? 
  • Dealing with budgets and financial stresses. How do we get a raise and see no increase in our savings. Oh, it's because those extra bucks turn into Starbucks more often and you order Sun Sun Garden once a week. Setting up these budgets are hard. Do you see accountants and finical advisers laughing? Not I. 
  • Realize you forgot to switch the laundry, we put in the washer that morning, to the dryer....at 10:00 PM! Can I get a witness? 
  • Are dealing with family drama. Oh wait. I don't have any of that. Know nothing of this.
  • Are dealing with Married life. Forever a journey to make me less selfish and more like Christ.
  • Are dealing with Parenting. Same as above ^^.
There are always stress that make it hard for me to laugh. BUT when I stop and breath. Think about what God's word says about joy and being joyful,


1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
"Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Give thanks no matter what happens. God wants you to thank him because you believe in Christ Jesus."

James 1:2-3 
“Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.” 

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.


 it helps me realize that God wants me to be joyful.

Filled with Joy.

In the good AND hard times. There will be both. From this point on 'til I take my last breath.
I'm the one that has the power to let Christ renew my attitude and make it happen or not. Is it hard?

HECK YES!
Psalm 30:5
For His anger lasts only a moment, but His favor, a lifetime. Weeping may spend the night, but there is joy in the morning. 

Though the sorrow may last through the night, JOY comes in the morning!
If I fail to have a joy filled day or season. I know that the next day, HIS mercies are new and HIS love for me is ever present.

Will I choose joy? Will you choose joy?



I'll leave you with one of my favorite falling videos of all time. Enjoy.

The Grape Lady


'Til next time
BB

No comments:

Post a Comment