Wednesday, March 31, 2010

peanuts...Get your hot peanuts.

Zeke had a pretty bad reaction to peanut butter the other day. Some of you may know that I am cutting out dairy and gluten to clear up Zeke's eczema. It has helped some but its not completely gone. The other day I had some peanut butter and gave Zeke some on my finger. It wasn't a lot at all. Within 30 second his face got red were the peanut butter touched and his chin and neck started to swell up like crazy.



I gave him Benadryl right away and gave him a bath. It went down shortly after that. So now I am cutting out peanut butter. I don't know if that is the only thing causing his really bad eczema so I am continuing to cut out everything and in two weeks add dairy in. If it get worse, then it's that too. Then try gluten. It makes me so sad to see him itch like crazy. Sometimes he itches in his sleep and lakes up with open skin. I am in the middle of applying for Florida healthy kids insurance so We can get him tested. I have some people tell me to just switch to formula because it not right for me to sacrifice my eating habits for the baby. Well...people out there...I'm not going to switch to formula for many MANY reasons! 1.) That junk is to expensive. 2.) Breast milk is the best thing for him. That's the way God designed it. 3.)My kid is worth the sacrifice!! It's only a season and how selfish am I if I chose food over my kid!!

I don't know....it kinda makes me mad when people say that to me. I'm not here to say your are a bad person if you use formula. I'm just saying that for me, I chose not too. For babies that need it in the hospitals or dads that are left with babies after the mom passed away, I get that. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment