Wednesday, August 10, 2011

You Are What You Eat

Over the past week my husband and I have seen a couple documentary's that have impacted our lives forever....in a good way of course:) Food Inc. and Food Matters were the movies and I will say you need to check them out if you haven't already!

They have really opened our eyes to what we are not only putting in our bodies but our kiddos bodies as well. We are health conscious and have always wanted to be healthy but now we have these little ones to take care of and raise. We want to implement good healthy eating habits while they are young so hopefully they will continue to live that way for the rest of their lives.

We are starting down this healthier us road now. We want/need to take care of this one body God gave us. It is our temple.

I'm excited about this and so is Chris. We started this yesterday and I can say I already feel better. Crazy what 1 day will do for you. :)


My friend Crystal over at Veggieliciousmom has been posting some amazingly yummy recipes. My other friend Britney Warner has a great blog with healthy recipes too. Check em out......They inspire me to try new things.

I will share a couple things I have made so far:

Orange Carrot Muffins (Gluten Free of course)
3/4 C. Carrot Pulp
2/3 C. Honey ( I used orange blossom honey from the farmers market)
1/4 C. Orange Juice
1 Tablespoon Canola Oil ( I used olive oil because that's all I had)
2 egg whites ( Since my little man is allergic to eggs I used an egg replacer)
3/4 C. Whole- Wheat Flour ( I used rice flour)
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine carrot pulp, honey, orange juice,oil and egg whites. Mix well. Next add flour and baking powder. Mix until all ingredients are combined. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Let cool for a couple minutes and enjoy.

They were SO yummy and great for breakfast/snack during the day. Zeke loved it so that's really all that matters:)



Strawberry Balsamico Dressing

1 C. Strawberry Juice
1 tablespoon Strawberry Pulp
1/4 C. Balsamic Vinegar

Mix all ingredients well and blamo you homemade salad dressing! So yummy!

I will post more along our journey of healthiness. I'm excited to get healthy....do you want to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment