Thursday, August 18, 2011

Allergy Update

For those of you that don't know, Zeke is allergic to wheat, eggs, and peanuts. We found that out a year ago when Zeke's allergist did a skin test because his eczema was crazy jacked up. It's under control now and his skin has never looked better. Well today was his year check up to see if anything has changed. My second mama, Jen, went with me for support. THANK YOU!!

The test itself is not painful, it's just super itchy. They scratch his skin with whatever he is allergic to, to see how bad of a reaction he will have or not have. They do it on his back so he can't reach it. I have to hold him chest to chest while they scratch and then wait 15 minutes. It's hard but I know it necessary.

As we are waiting they played a Bob the Builder movie to distract him from the itchiness. It worked pretty well. After the 15 minutes are up they come in and measure the size of the reaction and the pinkness around it.

She went over the results with us and his wheat allergy came back NEGATIVE!! Crazy, right?
His egg reaction was a little better then last year which is really good news too. His peanut is pretty much the same, I kinda figured that with the peanut scare we had last week.

I'm SO thankful that he has outgrown the wheat allergy! The allergist said she think he will grow out of the egg allergy too.....with time. YAY!!!! I couldn't ask for anything more.

So now we will slowly introduce wheat into his diet to make sure he is still good. It wouldn't make him stop breathing or give him trouble breathing, like the peanuts could, it would just flare up his eczema. So we will keep an eye on him.

I'm SO excited!!

One of the first things that I thought when she said the wheat was negative was, he can have a "regular" birthday cake next year! haha I'm silly I know this .....but it's true. I'm also excited because that wheat free junk is expensive!!!!!!

I pray next year his egg will be negative too. Who knows, maybe one day he will grown out of the peanut allergy....there is always hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment